California Shock Trauma Air Rescue
|General Agency Information|
|Name:||California Shock Trauma Air Rescue|
|Alternate Name(s):||CALSTAR 2|
|Address:||590 Cohansey Avenue|
Gilroy, CA 95020
|Days/Hours of Operation/Phone:||24 Hours, 7 Days|
|Description:||CALSTAR 2 is proud to be a part of the Gilroy community since 1993 and is based on the grounds of Saint Louis Regional Hospital just off highway 101.
The Gilroy CALSTAR 2 base is the busiest of the ten CALSTAR helicopter bases. It serves a 150 nautical mile range which includes coverage from the San Francisco Bay area south as far as San Luis Obispo.
CALSTAR 2 primarily serves trauma patients and is highly skilled in scene work. About 80 % of all medical services are for trauma scenes which includes patients from all ages and all cultural backgrounds. The other 20% of medical flights are interfacility transports. These include the transport of adult, pediatric, obstetrical, and neonatal patients.
CALSTAR is a stand alone 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in June 1983.
ELIGIBILITY: Professionals requesting this service for injured individuals are ambulance, police, and fire crews who dispatch CALSTAR, complementing the work of the Emergency Medical Services system.
FEES: Insurance accepted. Will try to accommodate those with limited resources.
AREAS SERVED: 6 counties: Merced, Monterey, San Benito, San Luis Obispo, Santa Clara, and Santa Cruz.
|Programs:||New Year's Day has become a special day for the Gilroy base because that is that day that the Robert Miller Memorial Poker Run is held at Hollister Hills. All proceeds from this event are donated to our CALKIDS program, which helps to cover transport costs for uninsured and underinsured pediatric patients.|
|Languages other than English:||None|
|Accommodations for Disabled:||Not Applicable|
|Public Transportation:||Not Applicable|
|Eligibility:||See Description Notes|
|Fees:||See Description Notes|
|Areas Served:||See Description Notes|
|Air Ambulance Services|
|This record last modified November 15, 2012|