|General Agency Information|
|Alternate Name(s):||University of California Santa Cruz Library|
|Address:||University of California, 1156 High Street|
Santa Cruz, CA 95064
|Use California Relay: Yes|
|Days/Hours of Operation/Phone:||Call for Times|
|Description:||The UCSC Library is the premier academic research resource of the Santa Cruz area and we are committed to serving not only our own students, faculty and staff, but also the people of the community. We strive to make the materials in our collections as available as possible to members of the community and state, while simultaneously fulfilling our primary obligation to the University of California, Santa Cruz (UCSC) campus and the University of California (UC) system.
The material in the general collections is available to the public for in-library use. Only UCSC affiliates, courtesy borrowers and/or Friends of the Library may check material out from the general collections.
• Some collections housed in the library are unavailable for loan to anyone, regardless of affiliation, may only be used under certain conditions and/or may only be accessed during specific unit operational hours.
• Only patrons who are directly affiliated with UCSC (current faculty, staff and students) may access the full complement of licensed databases remotely. Access to the licensed databases is available to all visitors within the Library.
• There is no limit to the number of items that may be borrowed from the library by faculty, staff and students.
• Courtesy and Special borrowers may borrow up to 25 items at any one time.
• Community Users who elect not to purchase a Friends of the Library Card may request UCSC owned library materials housed in the Northern Regional Library Facility (NRLF) through Interlibrary Loan. Assistance with the ordering process is provided at the Public Service Desks. The materials may not be checked out of the Library but are available for in-library use.
FEES: Call or check website for library card availability.
AREAS SERVED: The borrowing area served by the University Library is defined as the state of California. With the exception of UC faculty, staff, students, and UCSC Summer Conference participants, individuals must be at least 18 years of age and present proof of California residency (ID or driver's license) to receive a library card.
|Programs:||Collections that might be of particular interest to the community are:
Maps- The University Library Map Collection is located on the lower floor of the Science & Engineering Library. The Map Room is open by appointment, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday afternoons, from 1-5pm. Please call at least 24 hours ahead to make an appointment, 831-459-2364.
Visiting Dead Central:
The Dead Central gallery is in McHenry Library, on the 2nd floor (entrance level).
Artifacts from the permanent collection and themed exhibits featuring selected works are displayed in the Brittingham Family Foundation's Dead Central, UCSC's exhibition site for the Grateful Dead Archive.
Access to the Grateful Dead Archive for research and study is made available through the University Library’s Special Collections & Archives department. Phone: (831) 459-2547
Grateful Dead Archive Online: www.gdao.org
|Languages other than English:||Chinese|
|Accommodations for Disabled:||Call for Information|
Parking & Wheelchair Access
|Public Transportation:||Available Within Four Blocks|
|Eligibility:||Open to All|
|Fees:||See Description Notes|
|Areas Served:||See Description Notes|
|Physical Location:||Santa Cruz|
|Parent Agency:||University of California Santa Cruz|
Information and Referral
|This record last modified September 13, 2012|