Volunteer Centers of Santa Cruz County
|General Agency Information|
|Name:||Volunteer Centers of Santa Cruz County|
|Alternate Name(s):||Santa Cruz Volunteer Center|
|Address:||1740 17th Avenue Suite 2|
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
|Days/Hours of Operation/Phone:||Monday-Friday, 9-5|
|Description:||We operate 22 community based programs and additionally recruit volunteers for placement in other nonprofit agencies
12 Carr Street
Watsonville, CA 95076
San Lorenzo Valley Center:
|Mission:||Our mission is to promote volunteerism throughout the community and to maintain a wide variety of volunteer opportunities which take into account the special needs and interests of all segments of the population, thus enabling all people, regardless of age, race, physical ability or other special circumstances, to share their skills and time in order to extend needed services in Santa Cruz County.|
|Programs:||Increasing Independence for the Elderly and Disabled
* Community Connection...
* Helping Hands-Volunteers perform minor safety related home repairs for low and/or fixed income Senior Citizens. Repairs include the installation of grab bars or railings, fixing broken steps, and making modifications to accommodate a wheel chair or walker, etc. Something as simple as a grab bar can make it possible for a senior to stay in their own home, rather than having to go to assisted living or a convalescent home.
* Volunteer Transportation...
* File of Life
* Retired Senior Volunteer Program...
* The Literacy Program...
* Family Partnership Program
* Friends Outside...
* Adopt a Family
* The Graffiti Removal Project
* The Human Race
* The Volunteer Initiative Program...
* Volunteer Referral
* Be the Difference Awards
* AmeriCorps Community Partnership
...see below for links to separate agency listings
|Volunteer Info:||For all ages: Graffiti Removal Project-help keep the community clean by removing and painting over graffiti. Have fun working with other young people and families. A great community service project. Call 427-0462 for more information.
If you can hold a hammer, use a saw, do minor plumbing or electrical work, we want your help for Helping Hands Senior Program.
|Languages other than English:||Spanish|
|Accommodations for Disabled:||Parking & Wheelchair Access|
|Public Transportation:||Call for information|
|Eligibility:||Call for Information|
|Areas Served:||Santa Cruz County|
|Child Agencies:||Friends Outside of Santa Cruz County|
Literacy Program of the Volunteer Centers of Santa Cruz County
Retired Senior Volunteer Program
Volunteer Center of Santa Cruz County Community Connection
Volunteer Centers of Santa Cruz County Transportation Program
Volunteer Centers of Santa Cruz Junior Volunteer Program
Volunteer Initiative Program, Volunteer Center of Santa Cruz
Volunteer Service Programs
|This record last modified October 5, 2012|