0055

The first Santa Cruz Carnegie Library (1904-1966), also known as the Main Library. It was designed by William H. Weeks. Andrew Carnegie donated a grant of $20,000 towards its construction. On the left is the Frederick A. Hihn Mansion which, at one time, served as the Santa Cruz City Hall.

Date: Undated
Place: Santa Cruz City
Sources of Information: Articles on this website, see links below; Chase p. 65
Related Articles:


Original Size: 9"x5"(?)
Medium: b&w

This photograph is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Full size: 600x348
0055
Powered by Gallery v2.2