0086

The Vue de l'eau streetcar station. Vue de l'eau was located on the cliffs at the end of Garfield Avenue (now Woodrow Avenue). Built by the Santa Cruz, Garfield Park and Capitola Electric Railway in 1891, it provided superb ocean views while also serving as a trolley depot. It burned down in 1925.

Date: 1890's?
Place: Santa Cruz City
Sources of Information: McCaleb pp. 39-41; Clark p. 389
Related Article: Transportation: Railroads and Streetcars
Original Size: 4"x6"(?)
Medium: b&w

This photograph is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Full size: 312x450
0086
Powered by Gallery v2.2