Grovers Mill. In 1861, three Grover brothers plus three other men established a lumber company called Grover and Company. They purchased land about two miles north of Soquel on Bates Creek and the area came to be known as Grovers Gulch. The company eventually built two more mills in the area plus mills in Scotts Valley, Porter Gulch, and Clear Creek (Brookdale). The white-bearded man is Stephen Frealon (or Freeland?) Grover, one of the three brothers.

Date: Undated
Place: Grovers Gulch (?)
Sources of Information: Clark p. 142; Koch p.117; Written on back of mounting
Related Articles:

Original Size: 8"x7"(?)
Medium: b&w

This photograph is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Full size: 600x492
Powered by Gallery v2.2