0141

A side view of Sea Beach Hotel, then the premier hotel of Beach Hill. Originally built by Thomas V. Johnson in the 1870's, it was sold to A.H. Douglas in 1883, then to D.K. Abeel in 1887. The hotel was expanded to 170 rooms and became known throughout the state. It burned on June 12, 1912.

Date: Undated
Place: Santa Cruz City
Source of Information: Koch p. 201
Related Article: Sea Beach Hotel and Its Gardens were Equal Landmarks
Original Size: 4"x3"(?)
Medium: b&w

This photograph is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Full size: 600x401
0141
Powered by Gallery v2.2