0424

People on the porch of the Vue de l'eau streetcar station, on the cliffs at the end of Garfield Avenue (now Woodrow Avenue). An electric streetcar is visible behind the station. The station was established in 1891 as an "observatory, cliff house, waiting station and depot" (Clark. p. 389) to promote the Santa Cruz, Garfield Park and Capitola Electric Railway streetcar line.

Date: ca. 1894
Place: Santa Cruz City
Sources of Information: Notes on back of photo; McCaleb pp. 39-41; Clark p. 389
Related Article: Transportation: Railroads and Streetcars
Original size: 4 1/2" x 2 3/4"
Medium: b&w

This photograph is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.

Full size: 600x367
0424
Powered by Gallery v2.2