The Seabright Library. The temporary branch library, housed in a tent during the summer of 1907, was so popular that the Board decided to continue library service to the area. The Library was moved out of the tent and into this vacant store at the corner of Beach and Murray Streets. The Library stayed here until May 1908, when it moved again into a new building, built by local residents, on the corner of Seabright and Atlantic Avenues.
Place: Santa Cruz city
Source of Information: Souza. p. 134-135.
Related Article: Surfing; Other recreational sites
Original size: 10 1/2" x 12 1/2"
This photograph is the property of the Santa Cruz Public Libraries, California.