SCPL Local History Gallery SCPL Local History Photograph Collection

SCPL Local History Photograph Collection

The Santa Cruz Public Libraries' Photograph Collection contains more than 1000 local history photographs, dating from the 1860s to the 1990s. Whenever possible, there are notes for each photograph describing the event, persons, buildings, date, and place depicted. The notes also include links to related articles on our website.

Size: 991 items


View of Capitola beach and Capitola wharf, looking towards the Esplanade.


View of the beach area of Capitola.


The original Capitola depot on Monterey Avenue (formerly called Bay Avenue).


Knights Opera House was purchased by Harvey West and Henry Peterson in 1921.


Bandstand on the beach at Capitola.


First Congregational Church's pipe organ, installed when the church was built in 1890.

Views: 1022
Subject Headings and Keywords: Religion--First Congregational, Organs, Protestant Churches


Holy Cross Roman Catholic Church on Mission Hill with the Holy Cross Plaza (Mission Plaza) in front.

Views: 1503


Carriage in front of the First Congregational Church, at the corner of Center and Lincoln Streets.


Buddhist Temple in Watsonville.

Views: 951
Subject Headings and Keywords: Religion--Other Religion, Buddhism, Buddhist Temples, Fences
Page: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 111
Powered by Gallery v2.2