SCPL Local History Gallery SCPL Local History Photograph Collection

SCPL Local History Photograph Collection

The Santa Cruz Public Libraries' Photograph Collection contains more than 1000 local history photographs, dating from the 1860s to the 1990s. Whenever possible, there are notes for each photograph describing the event, persons, buildings, date, and place depicted. The notes also include links to related articles on our website.

Size: 991 items

0645

Construction of an additional room to the Twin Lakes Library.

Views: 646
Subject Headings and Keywords: Libraries--Twin Lakes, Construction, Public Libraries, Men

0646

Construction of an addition to the Twin Lakes Library, June 1952.

Views: 753

0648

Demolition of the Main Library, also called the Carnegie Library, on September 13, 1966.

Views: 526
Subject Headings and Keywords: Libraries--Main (Carnegie Free), Public Libraries

0649

Demolition of the Main Library on September 13, 1966.

Views: 609

0650

The Carnegie (Main) Library, a heap of rubble, after Kester and Sons Construction Company finished the demolition project, 3:00p.m. on September 13, 1966.

Views: 671

0656

On September 12, 1966, the day before the Main Library was demolished, the original cornerstone was opened and the time capsule removed.

Views: 799
Subject Headings and Keywords: Libraries--Main (Carnegie Free), Men, Women, Clothing and Dress

0657

Demolition of the Bliss building next to the rear of the Main (Carnegie) Library.

Views: 828

0658

Demolition of an unidentified building.

Views: 473
Subject Headings and Keywords: Business--Stores and Shops

0659

Library patron, Ralph Narren, and Eastside Librarian, Margaret Meng, in front of the Eastside Library.

Views: 1014
Page: 1 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 111
Powered by Gallery v2.2