The Castle at Castle Beach (Seabright Beach), at the foot of Pilkington, Mott and Cypress Streets. The Castle was built as a bathhouse by James Pilkington in 1899-1900. When Conrad Scholl took over the business in 1918, the Castle became known as the Scholl-Mar Castle. In the 1940's, it was a restaurant called the Casa del Mar. By the 1950's and until it was demolished (March 24, 1967), the Castle was used as an art gallery.

Date: 1950's
Place: Seabright (Santa Cruz city)
Source of Information: Clark. p. 67.
Related Article: Reminiscences of Seabright
Original size: 7" x 8"
Medium: b&w

This photograph is courtesy of the Santa Cruz City Museum of Natural History.

Full size: 600x505
Powered by Gallery v2.2