The oldest building at Salz was probably built around 1861. It was the original "beam house", that housed the wet operations at Salz. The photo is taken from Highway 9. A horse and wagon used to move bark to the tannery from the drying sheds paused before crossing River Street/Highway 9.

Date: 1955
Place: Santa Cruz city
Source of Information: Jeremy Lezin
Related Articles:

Original size: 8"x10"
Medium: b&w

This photograph was taken by Vester Dick and is the property of the Lezin Family. It is displayed here with the permission of the Lezin Family and Covello and Covello.

Full size: 600x469
Powered by Gallery v2.2